Monday, May 30, 2016

Summer/Swim Suit Cover-Ups



Step A: Make a gauge swatch of Filet sts.
1. Ch 53
2. Dc in 6th ch from hook
3. Ch 2. k 2, dc in next ch
4. Repeat #3 across ending with a dc in the 1st ch.

Step B: Measure
1. Measure the length of your swatch.
2. Find the measurement for the size top you are making. 
4. FInd out how many length of your swatch will equal (or just go past) the size chest you need.
example:I needed a size for a 24 inch chest.
My swatch measured 6.25 inches.
6"  x 4 Teddy Bear Sections = 24 inches
I need 5 Teddy Bear Sections since I want my top to be larger than needed.

Step C: Determining chain length for your top.
1. there are 16 squares needed for each Teddy Bear Section.
2. Take the number of sections your need X 16. 
example: I need 5 sections X 16 squares = 80 squares
3. Multiply the number of squares you need by 3.
example: I need 80 squares X 3 chs per square = 240 chains
I place a titch maker in my ch 240 so I know where my double crochet goes.
4. To start Row 2, add 6 chs to your amount in #3
example: I need 240 chs + 7 chs = 247 chs.

Step D: Starting your design
(To get the tall bears, as shown, you will need to use treble crochets instead of double crochet.
 However, you have the choice of using a double crochet if  preferred.)
1. Make your ch from #4 above, marking ch 240 with a st marker..
2. Tr/dc in ch 240, *ch 2, sk 2, tr/dc in next ch,* repeat from * to * across,
make sure your last dc is in the last ch.
3. You have now made the empty set of Filet boxes below the 
solid lines that separate the Teddy Bear Design.
4. When starting Row 2, Start with the solid sp to the left of a Teddy Bear.
5. When finishing the Row 1, tr/dc in the 5th ch of the beginning ch 7.
6. To start Row, and remaining odd rows, ch 5, dc in dc.
7. Follow the charts below to complete your item.
8. When finished with this section, and before adding the front and the back,
join the first and last tr/dc of each row together to form a tube.














No comments:

Post a Comment